Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Angel Among Us







I have to admit... While growing up I realized something very quickly about my sister Elizabeth... She NEVER got in trouble. My other sisters and I quickly decided there was a reason for this... She was an "Angel" We often called her Mom and Dad's Angel, for that was what she was. We didn't always say it in the nicest way but we truly meant it...

As her 32nd Birthday rolls around I realize this MORE THAN EVER. She truly is an Angel among us. I thought and thought about what I could give her for her birthday and I came up with a plan. While Jakob was away I would visit her in Heber. It would be a gift for both of us really because I rather enjoy spending time with her as well.

So, the Wednesday after Jakob left Maya and I showed up at her house. We had A LOT of fun doing... really nothing, but it was A LOT of fun!!! She and Jared calmed me down after the breaking news of the Earthquake in Japan Friday morning. We didn't know if Jakob and Josh were safe yet but they were right there to offer me support and comfort (to save me from myself), Eliza was there to comfort me in the climax of the absence of Jakob (a bit of an emotional night), she made lots of yummy food that we got to eat together, she laughed with me at my rainbow organization of her kid bowls and cups :), we talked and talked about EVERYTHING, played with the kids, and she even went walking with me!!!

I LOVE the way Eliza peacefully glides through life. I love to watch her. She is so calm and collected. Something I will probably work my whole life on becoming and still die trying. She is so beautiful inside and out and the more time goes by the more I realize what an "Angel" she truly is!!!

Thank you Eliza for EVERYTHING!!! I LOVE YOU and HOPE you had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so lucky to have such wonderful sisters! Happy Birthday Eliza!

    ReplyDelete